Monday, July 18, 2011

Fruits of My Labor

I love to work in the yard. I find it very theoroputic. It is a lot harder now with a 2 year old that doesn't understand the difference between the corn stalks and the dandilion, but I have still managed to squeese in a little time in the yard. This year in our garden I planted tomatoes, red bell peppers, eggplant, peas, spinach, green onions, pumpkins, acorn squash, butternut squash, zuchinni, yellow squash, cantaloupe, cucumbers, watermelon, green beans, and corn.



The cataloupe and cucumbers died or were eaten, the peas and spinach did ok, only a few of the green onions came up. I'm still waiting to see how the winter squashes, corn and watermellon will do, but it seems like the summer squashes are going to be keeping us fed for the next few months. The beans seem to be doing OK, but I think next year I will plant two rows of them instead of just one.





My favorite thing about about a garden is harvesting. It feels so rewarding.

I'm most excited and proud of that AWESOME eggplant.

No comments: