Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Baby #4 30 Weeks - Growing Pains

On Thursday the 19th I reached 30 weeks. If it follows the pattern of my other kids that means only 10-11 weeks to go!

Also on that day I was informed that some of the immediate stability we have enjoyed would be decreased.

As a preface let me explain that although Troy and I haven't been rich we have never felt any sort of financial distress or uncertainty in our 10 years of marriage. We still haven't felt financial distress, but that is a possibility as we face an uncertain financial future.

Troy has worked as an engineer for about 6 years. In that time he has spend 5 years with a great company that was very heavy on analysis and although he didn't thrive in that setting he still did ok. He started looking for another job when that employer kept doing lay-offs. He was able to find a job that was practically a dream job. It had perks, and an amazing work environment. His one complaint was that there weren't a ton of veteran mechanical engineers he could kick ideas around with.

On Thursday he was informed that the company was having some cash flow issues and as a result they were going to need to do some cuts.  Troy happened to be a main engineer on a project that was easy to cut so he was laid-off.

We live well below our means and don't buy things on credit so we should be fine even if his unemployment status isn't changed for a few months. We are hoping he finds something within the next few months and hopefully by the time the baby comes he at least have a job offer.

We were given 0 warning about the lay off so it practically blindsided us, but even in that I have felt things that let me know God is aware of us and our situation and he loves and cares for us. The morning of the lay off I actually started having feeling of what would it be like if Troy was laid off. I didn't really think much of it because his job was what we thought stable, but thinking back I know that was God preparing my mind for something that we wouldn't have control over.  Both Troy and I have been able to feel the comfort that the Holy Ghost can bring.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh no! I'm glad you are feeling such peace over everything. I hope things go well over the next ten weeks with both of you - baby and job. My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Yahoo phone number uk said...

Very informative and useful post and thanks for your informative post.Keep it up..

baili said...

life is all about facing problems and finding their solutions so hoe till now God have resolved you timely test and you starting again the normal life ,god bless you and your family amen