Saturday, January 31, 2009

Troy's Service

Troy is a great person. He is willing to do pretty much anything for me. He is very thoughtful, and considerate. When we were only married about a year or so I was making dinner. He came into the kitchen. He asked, "Is there anything you want me to do?" I looked around and really didn't have anything he could do to help with dinner. I thought about his question and realised he said "anything" so I responded with, "You know what I really need done?" He said "what." I said, "The bath tub needs to be scrubbed. Would you scrub it for me?" He went and scrubbed the tub without too much complaining. I've used this once and know better than to use it again as I don't want him to stop asking if I need help.

I'm not the only person Troy is willing to serve. About 6 months ago he was stressing because there was a baptism for my nephew, a meeting for school, and a friend of his moving all at generally the same time. He was stressing because he didn't know how he was going to be able to help this friend move. He said maybe I can just go for a half hour, but I pointed out that even that may be difficult. I HAD to point out to him he had just helped this friend move 6 months earlier and he really didn't HAVE to help again. It was almost like he never even thought, "I'm too busy I can't serve." Man I sure do have a lot of learning to do.

No comments: