Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shelf

The other day I was innocently eating a grapefruit. Troy looked over at me an laughed. At first I asked, "Why are you laughing at me?" I then looked down and imagined what he saw and as well started to laugh.




I couldn't help myself, I can't bend down to be closer to the bowl, and this belly was at just the right height for what I needed. I've been told I'm going to miss my little "shelf" and this is just one thing I'll have to get used to.

Troy has been really funny lately. He has been telling the baby it is time to come (sometimes he even tells my uterus its time to let the baby out), and every time I grimace he wonders if I'm in labor. We both want the baby to come soon. Up until about 2 days ago I was more scared of delivery than I was excited for the baby to come so I was alright with the baby waiting until I realized I have to go through the pain no matter what; now I just want the baby to come so I can step into the next stage of my life. So many people have given me ideas on how to get labor started. I've tried some, but for the most part they don't sound that appealing so I don't even consider them. I'd rather be pumped with pitocin rather than castrol oil. For now I will just keep walking my 2 miles each day and hope the baby comes soon.

2 comments:

OUR HAPPY FAMILY said...

One thing about birthing pain, the longer you wait, the bigger the baby usually is. I hope we get the announcement soon.
--Brett

Laura Jansson said...

Wow, Katie, I was happy to get your comment on my blog and be able to connect with you and Troy again! How exciting--a baby any day now! I hope everything goes smoothly and you have a happy healthy baby! :)