Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Max at 1 Month

I can't believe is has already been one month. At the same time I feels as though Max has been apart of our little family for a lot longer then that.

Time sure does seem to be speeding by. Part of that may be due to the additional responsibility it is to have 2 children or maybe time just goes faster when you have an infant that changes so quickly.

Max is growing like a champ. I suspect he weights a little over 10lbs. At his 2 weeks appointment he weighted 9lbs 3oz. Yesterday I weighed him on our scales at home (with clothes on) and he weighs 11lbs.

Max is really good at eating. He eats about every 2-3 hours during the day, and about every 4-6 hours at night. I can deal with this feeding schedule when compared to Parker who ate practically around the clock for the first 2-3 months. At about 2 weeks with Parker I actually gave him 2oz of formula, because I just needed a little bit of a break. With Max we haven't had to open the can of formula yet. I'm hoping it stays that way for as long as possible.

Max is sleeping pretty good. It has been such a blessing to have a baby that not only sleeps at night, but also sleeps during the day as well. He usually has one 2 hour nap during the day along with a lot of other 1/2 hour cat naps. At night he has good and bad nights. On a bad night he wakes about every 2-3 hours eats and then goes back to sleep. On a good night he sleeps for 6 hours eats, and then goes back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. It seems like we have been having more good nights lately so hopefully there won't be too many more bad nights.

Life for Parker seems to be getting better. He has always been really sweet towards the baby. He would give Max hugs and kisses, and occationally asked to hold him. However after we brought Max home he all of a sudden became a 2 year old. He would act out and when asked to do or not do something he wouldn't obey. He also became completely irrational at times. He's calmed down quite a bit. Parker calls Max by name (Mack is what he calls him).

Life for me is understandably busier. I'm still trying to figure out how to do some basic things like cleaning and eating, but even more difficult showering. I'm sure as Max gets on more of a schedule these things will get easier. I feel like I've recovered really quickly from the delivery. The Saturday after I had Max I put in my garden. I started jogging this last Monday. I've started slow and do 2 miles of walking and jogging and then a mile of walking. It has been fun getting back into it. Not to mention the hope that someday I won't have to wear my maternity clothes.

Troy has been really helpful. He usually hold Max during dinner. It is so nice to have my hands free during at least one meal of the day. He has learned he needs to wear ear plugs at night so he can get enough sleep. I would have him get up with the baby on the weekends, but I figure since I have to get up anyways there isn't really any reason for both of us to be tired.

No comments: