Thursday, August 25, 2011

Giant Zucchini Meets Toddler

Today while doing my routine walk around the garden to pick any vegetable that were ready I found a HUGE zucchini. Even with picking every other day or so I must have missed it the last couple of times because it was HUGE. It will be good for shredding and making zucchini bread but not much else.

I picked it and put it on the lawn since it wouldn't fit in the bucket. While I was picking the green beans I heard Parker say "I did it." and then a crash. I looked up and didn't see the zucchini. I asked Parker where it was, and he pointed into the squash plant. I looked and looked for it, and couldn't see it. Finally I found it. It was safe, but I think Parker hit a crookneck squash with it that won't make it.

Not sure if Parker was seeing why it was called a squash, or if he was just trying to get rid of it so he wouldn't have to eat it.

My loot from today: we are getting a lot of produce now. I go out and pick the vegetable almost every other day.


No comments: